Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which math library to link with

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] which math library to link with
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 09:53:37 +0100

On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 05:06:10PM -0500, Tim O'Shea wrote:
> gsl
>
> On Dec 1, 2011, at 4:56 PM, Achilleas Anastasopoulos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > We are writing a block that requires SVD of matrices.
> > Is there a preferred library (eg, LAPACK) that other gnuradio blocks
> > are already using that we can link with.
> > I don't want to add another library dependence...

As part of the Spectral Estimation Toolbox, some of our students had
similar requirements, but GSL didn't work then--I'm afraid I don't know
the exact reason[1]--and then used Armadillo and Fortran (which are not
standard libs for GNU Radio).
For the handling of small matrices (on the order of 64 x 64 and below),
Fortran actually worked best, faster than any other library.

MB

[1] But perhaps they're reading this and would like to comment.
--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun