[Discuss-gnuradio] grc hardcoded to use xterm as a terminal emulator?

From: Timo Juhani Lindfors
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc hardcoded to use xterm as a terminal emulator?
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 21:42:48 +0200

Hi,

I just noticed that grc/python/Generator.py is hardcoded to use xterm as
a terminal emulator. This is somewhat problematic [1] for me so I'd like
to make it configurable, how would you rather see that done? Would
adding a new option (like "no_gui_terminal_emulator") to the flowchart
be too messy?

[1] xterm in ubuntu lucid is still sgid=utmp which causes it to drop
LD_LIBRARY_PATH which I need since I've installed gnuradio to a
temporary location. xterm also does not support pretty scrollbars that
my users expect and does not support freedesktop.org style clipboard
behavior (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=588785)
unless I tell them to start xclipboard separately and then tell them to
add some X resources...