[Discuss-gnuradio] USRPN210 Calibration Problem

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRPN210 Calibration Problem
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 23:01:03 -0500

This question is directed to Josh Blum, but if anyone can comment, it would be welcome:

I tried the calibration apps this evening on a B100 and a Rev3 N210.  See http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/calibration.html

The B100 worked like a champ and all three calibration procedures completed.

Unfortunately, when I tried the procedure on my N210, it failed, reporting that the LO failed to lock in a timely manner.  Output pasted below:

address@hidden:~$ sudo /usr/local/bin/uhd_cal_rx_iq_balance --verbose
linux; GNU C++ version 4.5.2; Boost_104200; UHD_003.004.000-7dc76db

Creating the usrp device with: ...
-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
Error: timed out waiting for TX and/or RX LO to lock

The N210 does work in flowgraphs and other applications and I have verified that the lo locks in a flowgraph by probing the get_dboard_sensor function.

I have a WBX in both units.  I am running the very latest master of both GR and UHD.  Both units have the latest FPGA code and firmware.