[Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling with TVRX daughterboard and Nyquist frequenc

From: Cyril Cavel
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling with TVRX daughterboard and Nyquist frequency
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 17:44:14 +0100

Hi all,

I use a TVRX daughterboard to acquire VHF signals. I believe (but I may be mistaken) that the TVRX daughterboard downconverts RF signals to a baseband of 6MHz bandwidth before going to the ADC. The function usrp_rx_cfile (which I use to acquire signals) has a minimum decimation factor of 8 for a sampling rate of 64Ms/s. So it gives a maximum sampling rate of 8MHz.

Nyquist theorem tells us that to acquire properly a signal occupying a band between 0 and 6MHz, the sampling rate shall be at least 12MHz, which is then unreachable by the TVRX daughterboard.

So, are my figures wrong, or am I missing something ?

Thanks for your lights,

Cheers
Cyril