Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can a message sink save data to file(s)?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can a message sink save data to file(s)?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:20:33 -0500

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Prachi Parihar <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am working with uhd_fft.py and have made some changes and gotten the data to display as desired using fft_sink_c. However, in addition of displaying the data, I would like to save the data to either a single file (append the incoming messages) or to a series of files. Is there a way to send the messages to file(s) so I can save and analyze the data (using another application)?

Thanks in advance,
Prachi

Hi Prachi,
That's a good question, and it would make for good functionality in GNU Radio. Right now, we don't have anything like it, but it would be pretty easy to create it.

Tom