Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about tune_request_t.hpp

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about tune_request_t.hpp
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:07:08 -0800

Osama -

hi all ,
I found something that maybe will help me solving my problem which is tune_request_t struct

can anyone give me a hint about how can i use it

Have you looked in the UHD manual?
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#tuning-notes

Or the Doxygen?
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/structuhd_1_1tune__request__t.html

another question is that if i used the function tune_request(target_freq,lo_offset) setting the policy to manual , in this particular case can i set the target frequency (which i think is the PLL frequency) as is and change only the LO(NCO)

The target frequency is the frequency you are interested in centering at. The advantage of tune_request is that it will let you tune with an offset, so the DC component is laid right on top of your frequency of interest.

Also, these questions are UHD-specific, and are not GNU Radio related.  In the future, try to direct these questions to the usrp-users list, which would be a better audience / venue.

Also, you seem to be e-mailing your questions to the list twice. If you forget to add a subject, just don't worry about it. One e-mail without a subject is better than spamming the list with the same question multiple times!

Cheers,
Ben