Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying to create a simple packet analyzer in gnur

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] trying to create a simple packet analyzer in gnuradio
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:50:08 +0000

You’ll have to somehow convert and decode the raw samples into data and dump them as perhaps a PCAP file that can be analyzed in Wireshark.

More general question – would it make sense for GNU Radio to have decoders than can dump to PCAP files? I noticed there are already TCP and UDP sinks, for instance, but they’re not exactly the same things of course.

Sean