Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd b100 usb problems - No UHD Devices Found

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd b100 usb problems - No UHD Devices Found
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:05:12 -0600

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 01:34:43PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> My experience with USB + VMware, through a Windows host system into
> a Ubuntu VM, is that USB behaviour is bizarre and unreliable during
> enumeration/reconnect.
>
> I have to deal with this every day as an
> Android developer, with various Android devices that use USB. I wouldn't
> expect the "bizarre" to improve with a USRP1/B100 in this situation.
>

> My experience with a physical machine, and USRP devices is that Bens
> observation is correct--the USB re-enumeration should cause *zero*
> problems.

I have this problem with Ubuntu, I think thru my upgrades from 10.04
to 10.10 and now 11.04. It is about the device being connected by the
USB code to USB 1.1 even though it is a 2.0 device. It can happen on
boot up or re-connect. I don't have this problem under FreeBSD but do
not have GnuRadio running UHD yet on FreeBSD. I use the UHD code when
running Ubuntu. No VM. The machine is a Dell but the price was right....

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net