Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build UHD on FreeBSD 8.x

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] build UHD on FreeBSD 8.x
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 23:45:07 -0600

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 08:46:55PM -0500, Andrew Davis wrote:

> Great, I cant wait for the script, but also maybe we could work on a
> Makefile so we could update the ports, i'm working on one but cant find
> tarballs for UHD, the links are all redirects and the tarball name changes,
> there really should be a "uhd-3.3.1.tar.gz" somewhere. After that just "cd
> /usr/ports/comms/gnuradio && sudo make install clean"

The script gets simpler as the bugs are fixed. Mine run under tcsh, though.
UHD did install at $GR_PREFIX with "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$GR_PREFIX" on
cmake and the GnuRadio build found it. Getting close.

The tarball may be a problem for UHD. The pointers found them but they were
not named with the 'tar.gz' or 'tgz' suffix. FreeBSD ports need to have a
stable one available somewhere. GnuRadio so far has the tarball of the
3.2.2 release still in the same place, I think. It needed a lot of patches.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net