[Discuss-gnuradio] Saving block status

From: André Selva
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving block status
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:11:02 -0200

Hi!

I've been working on the development of a Digital TV transmitter on GNU Radio.
The problem is that the information flow is bufferized before "entering" the blocks, but the information i need to process is too large to be bufferized.
So, I need the data contained on some internal structures of my blocks (for example, shifters) to be preserved between the executions of each bufferized part of the data flow. One of the alternatives is saving this data in files and reloading then on the initialization, but i think this may ruin my performance.
I've read on this   tutorial, that exists the possibility to save the status between executions using the methods start() ans stop() from the block, but i cannot find more information about that. Is that the correct way to solve this problem? If so, where can i find more information about those methods?

Thank you!

--
André F. B. Selva