Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark_tx.py (OFDM) with XCV

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running tunnel.py/benchmark_tx.py (OFDM) with XCVR2450?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:21:09 -0500

That's kinda odd now that I think about it, I had a similar problem and on an oscilloscope it looked like DAC clipping, but I could have been non-linearity in the final amp, what kind of problems do XCVR2450 have at high outputs?

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 31/01/12 08:37 AM, Andrew Davis wrote:
>One thing that I noticed was that the --tx-amp=0.8. That's very high for OFDM with it's large PAPR.

I'm thinking that too, there really should be some kind of warning when you drive the DAC to saturation.
It's not the DAC that's typically the problem, it's the final RF amplifier on the daughter-card, and
  that's not precisely predictable from the software side.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium