Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] merging gnuradio repos

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] merging gnuradio repos
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:14:08 -0500

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 3:51 AM, Peter <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I have recently updated both the uhd and gnuradio from an older version.
I cannot run my python files in this newer version. I see some of the file locations in gnuradio have changed.
And there are multiple such error instances when I run my python files e.g., ofdm_utils not found, psk not found and so on.
Is there anything in general that I have to change in my python files to get rid of these errors.

This should help:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/ChangeLogV3_5

Secondly I have another query. See the steps below and kindly answer

1. mkdir myMainFolder
2. cd myMainFolder
3. git clone <gnuradio_repo over http>
At this stage I get a gnuradio folder in myMainFolder. If I want to have a code from another gnuradio repo such as <trondeau_repo> and merge both <gnuradio_repo> and <trondeau_repo> at which level should I do this ?
4a. Is it cd /myMainFolder and do a git clone <trondeau_repo over http> or
4b. Is it cd /myMainFolder/gnuradio and then do a git clone <trondeau_repo over http>

Kind Regards,
Peter.

No, that's not how you want to approach it.

After you've cloned the repo, make a remote to the other repo:

git remote add trondeau <trondeau_repo>

Then you can go back and forth and/or merge branches:

git checkout trondeau/branch

git merge trondeau/branch

Take a look at the various git websites online to learn more about the 'checkout' and 'merge' commands.

Tom