Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk branch on github

From: Martin DvH
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk branch on github
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:45:26 +0100

I think it would make sense to change the volk interface by adding
kernel calls which can handle the two alignment cases (aligned,
unaligned).
We would have to add a is_unaligned parameter to the volk kernel calls.

The gnuradio blocks would then change in the following way:

So in stead of:

if(is_unaligned()) {
  for(size_t i = 1; i < input_items.size(); i++){
    volk_32fc_x2_multiply_32fc_u(out, out, (gr_complex*)input_items[i],
noi);
  }
} else {
  for(size_t i = 1; i < input_items.size(); i++){
    volk_32fc_x2_multiply_32fc_a(out, out, (gr_complex*)input_items[i],
noi);
  }
}

You would have:

for(size_t i = 1; i < input_items.size(); i++)
  volk_32fc_x2_multiply_32fc(is_unaligned(), out, out,
(gr_complex*)input_items[i], noi);

You halve the amount of code in gnuradio blocks which to my opinion
makes it much more maintainable.

Martin