Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: Just compile XML, no GUI

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: Just compile XML, no GUI
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:20:05 -0500

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi (most likely Josh),

I was wondering if it's a big deal to give gnuradio-companion a switch
to just compile a .grc file without firing up the GUI.

Specifically, I was hoping to have unit tests for GRC files, so I wanted
to automatically use the GRC checking features to test .grc files.
However, I started digging in the code... and it seems to be very
closely intertwined with the GUI. And, to be honest, I got a bit lost in
there :)

So, something like direct access to the Generator class would be
great. Any hints?

MB

Martin,
On the GRC  page, open up the "Options" block. There is a drop-down box for "Generate Options." Switch this to "No GUI." Now you can just compile it into a Python file and run it either in GRC or from the command line. No GUI involved.

Tom