Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC decoding - Now Working!

From: shea_watson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ATSC decoding - Now Working!
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 09:41:38 -0800 (PST)

Alright. If I get it working I will post my fixes.  Which part is not
working?

Also, my research only deals with extracting the bit delay to the data sync
frame.  So, I will not really be doing much with atsc decoding past getting
a bit stream what would include the sync frame. Which also brings up another
question.  In the general signal flow of decoding the atsc with gnuradio,
when will the data sync frame be uncovered?  At the moment, I run
interp_short, xlate, and fpll.  Those translate the signal to baseband and I
think fpll demodulates.  Do any of you guys happen to know what fpll
actually outputs? Like what form is the data in?  Because I don't have real
over the air data to run through this I can't crack it open to make sense of
it.  Is it raw binary bit stream after that stage?  Again, my intuition is
that fpll outputs the raw bitstream and to find the data sync frame I will
be able to just run a binary correlator with the pn_511 sequence.

Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks!