Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 13:38:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Florian Schlembach <address@hidden> wrote:
There is a coarse and a fine frequency offset correction. The fine
correct makes sure that the subcarrier is centered in the bin; the
coarse adjusts for an integer number of subcarriers off from the center
frequency. By default, the OFDM receiver will correct for some number of
subcarrier bins (it's either +/-5 or +/-10; I can't remember). If your
radios have a frequency offset that is greater than the maximum number
of subcarriers specified here, the receiver cannot receive the symbols
correctly.

How about the fine frequency offset correction? How can I turn it on? For instance, how do I have to modify the benchmark/tunnel scripts in order to do that?

it is on by default. You can't receive OFDM unless you are doing that kind of correction; the ICI would be awful if you didn't.

Tom