Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Issues

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio Issues
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:59:27 -0800

Have you tried playing audio from a different source?  If you go to youtube.com, and watch a video, can you hear the sound?

Cheers,
Ben

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 5:21 PM, labarowski <address@hidden> wrote:

I was able to get gnuradio to successfully compile using the script available
at (http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/InstallingGR) and I
updated my PYTHONPATH as the script instructed. However, none of the audio
examples are working. They run without returning any errors, but I don't
hear anything. As far as I can tell, I have ALSA installed (I'm using Ubuntu
10.04 with kernel 2.6.32-38, all updates installed). I tried updating
gr-audio.conf to use alsa and tried changing gr-audio-alsa.conf to use
plughw:0,0 instead of hw:0,0 - all to no avail. I don't believe oss is
installed on this system. Can anyone suggest a solutions? Thanks ahead of
time!

Edit: Sorry if this message is a repost, I'm having some trouble getting
registered through Nabble.