Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the private implementation ("pimpl") patter

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the private implementation ("pimpl") pattern for GNU Radio API classes
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:21:33 -0700

At the moment, I don't have any suggestions for changes to Johnathan's proposed structure, but I just wanted to voice support for this initiative.

I think it's a great idea, and I think both users and developers will benefit from it in the future.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 09:12, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:

> ...and gr-fcd (which should be added soon).

The gr-fcd branch is just getting final testing and is ready for
merging.  I can do that, to get it into master as soon as possible,
then add a commit to the branch which makes the change to the pimpl
pattern, for people to look at.

The post-merge commit can still eventually merge again into master
without affecting users, as the conversion does not alter the public
portions of the class header.