Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_nbfm_ptt.py Error: __init__() takes exactly

From: mario behn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_nbfm_ptt.py Error: __init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (6 given)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:30:20 +0000

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:50 PM, Ben Reynwar <address@hidden> wrote:
> That sounds like the example is out-of-date.  It's calling some
> function that expects a different number of arguments than it is
> giving it.  If you included the entire error output then we could
> better see what the problem was (i.e. which function is raising this
> error).
>
> Cheers,
> Ben

Hi Ben,

thank you for your answer. I agree, here is the total text of the
error, eric4 gives me:

The debugged program raised the exception unhandled TypeError
"__init__() takes exactly 4 arguments (6 given)"
File: /home/usrp1/USRP/gnuradio/gr-uhd/examples/usrp_nbfm_ptt.py, Line: 81

and highlights line 81 correspondingly:

76     self.txpath = transmit_path(options.args, options.spec,
77                                    options.antenna, options.tx_gain,
78                                    options.audio_input)
79     self.rxpath = receive_path(options.args, options.spec,
80                                   options.antenna, options.rx_gain,
81                                   options.audio_output)
82      self.connect(self.txpath)
83      self.connect(self.rxpath)

and it is actually the file available here:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/repository/revisions/v3.5.3git/changes/gr-uhd/examples/usrp_nbfm_ptt.py

Is there any quick fix I can apply?

Cheers

Mario Behn