Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building new blocks in Gnu Radio

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building new blocks in Gnu Radio
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 09:45:12 +0200

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:27:42PM -0700, Nick Foster wrote:
>     After this, I used cmake. I wrote:
>     >cmake -i
>     >sudo make
>     >sudo make install
>     >sudo ldconfig

I assume you know what you're doing, but just in case someone reads this
who doesn't, the recommended way is

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make # This is what I mean
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

So don't run make as root (permissions and so on).

>     These were my steps to build a new block to use in GRC. However, I get
> this
>     error:
>
>     ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
>     packages/mycoolstuff/_mycoolstuff_swig.so: undefined symbol:
>     _Z38mycoolstuff_make_decimated_average_vccifi
>
>     Yes. My module and block are called mycoolstuff and
>     decimated_average_vcc.cc
>
>     It seems that there is a problem with the swig. Do I have to configure
>     anything
>     in the .i files before starting to use cmake?
>
> My guess is you haven't declared your functions as API exports. There should
> be
> a file in your module called include/mycoolstuff_api.h, which should be #
> included by your block implementations and the public constructor declared
> like
> this:
>
> MYCOOLSTUFF_API mycoolstuff_make_decimated_average(.....) {}
>
> This will export the symbol so it gets called out in the library.

If you use gr_modtool.py, it will take care of this.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)