[Discuss-gnuradio] Strange problem when using build-gnuradio script

From: Wu Ting
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange problem when using build-gnuradio script
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 16:59:03 +0900

Hi all,

I’m using build-gnuradio script to build gnuradio and uhd. It works well before (both on Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.10). However, on my current computer (Ubuntu 10.04), it has a strange problem. At first, it kept showing some libs are not found. After installing these libs and trying for several times, it finally finished installing. But it finished with such information:

You should probably set your PYTHONPATH to:

in your .bashrc or equivalent file prior to attempting to run
any Gnu Radio applications or Gnu Radio Companion.
Done function pythonpath at: Tue Mar 27 16:34:46 JST 2012
Done all functions at: Tue Mar 27 16:34:46 JST 2012
All Done

There is EMPTY line below “You should probably set your PYTHONPATH to:”.

And I cannot run any gnuradio script.

I also tried this:

>>> from gnuradio import gr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

I also noticed that there is no .py files under /usr/local/bin/.

There are only these files:

uhd_cal_tx_dc_offset   uhd_find_devices  volk_profile
uhd_cal_rx_iq_balance   uhd_cal_tx_iq_balance  uhd_usrp_probe

Anyone know what is the problem?

Thanks.

Wu