[Discuss-gnuradio] dbpsk on gnuradio-3.5 and Ubuntu 11.10

From: Jon Watson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] dbpsk on gnuradio-3.5 and Ubuntu 11.10
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:04:46 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I have been playing with two simple flow-graphs in gnuradio-companion, one for dbpsk transmitter and other for dbpsk receiver. The transmitter flow-graph is:

vector source -- > packet encoder -- > dpsk modulator -- > uhd: usrp sink

The receiver flow-graph is:

uhd: usrp source --> low-pass filter --> dpsk demodulator --> packet decoder --> file sink

The vector source is given a vector {10,20,30} as input, repeat is set to "yes"; in the packet encoder, samples/symbols is set to 8,  bits/symbols is set to 1 (because dbpsk scheme is to be used), pad for usrp is set to "yes" and payload is set to "0"; in the dpsk modulator, samples/symbols is set to 8 and all other parameters are left unchanged.

At the receiver, I use matching/appropriate parameters inside the dpsk demodulator and low-pass filter blocks. And the sampling rate is set to be 1M Sps on both transmitter and receiver.

Now, the issue is that I do not receive any decoded symbols in the file sink. Previously, when I was running the two flow-graphs on two computers with Ubuntu 11.04 and gnuradio-3.4 on them, everything was just fine, but as soon as I have upgraded the OS and gnuradio to 11.10 and 3.5 versions, I do not get anything in the file sink.

Could someone provide a suggestion in this regard?

Thanks.
Jon