[Discuss-gnuradio] SNR measurement

From: John Coppens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SNR measurement
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 13:15:00 -0300

Hello all,

Still trying to get more acquainted with GNU radio... I was trying to
get SNR working to some point, but no luck yet.

1) I have a receiver which tunes from 0 to 50 kHz (from matlab file
input), and at some point (audio frequencies) I connected the Probe
MPSK SNR block.

2) I connected a function probe there (snr instead of SNR from the
probe's help:

http://www.reynwar.net/gnuradio/epydoc/gnuradio.gr.gnuradio_swig_py_general.gr_probe_mpsk_snr_c_sptr-class.html

3) And then a 'Static Text' connected to that...

No complaints from GRC, but the result is always 0. I may be doing
something conceptually wrong here. But there _is_ a signal at the
input. Shouldn't there be something shown at the output of the SNR?

Suggestions appreciated.

John