Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in usage of digital_constellation_sptr

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in usage of digital_constellation_sptr
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:00:49 -0400

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Srinagesh Sharma
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a block which uses digital_constellation_sptr as an input parameter
> type. I read the parameter as "raw" data in the xml file. The header file
> "digital_constellation.h" has been included in both the c++ and the h files
> of my block. However, when I pass the parameter -
> digital.constellation_qpsk().base()
> I still get the following error:
> Using Volk machine: ssse3_64
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/lupinox/Desktop/radiotests/top_block.py", line 248, in
> <module>
>     tb = top_block()
>   File "/home/lupinox/Desktop/radiotests/top_block.py", line 145, in
> __init__
>     self.howto_phase_correction_vcvc_0 = howto.phase_correction_vcvc(2, 4,
> 90, 0.01, 0.01, 0, digital.constellation_qpsk().base())
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/howto/howto_swig.py", line
> 557, in phase_correction_vcvc
>     return _howto_swig.phase_correction_vcvc(*args, **kwargs)
> TypeError: in method 'phase_correction_vcvc', argument 7 of type
> 'digital_constellation_sptr'
>
> The constellation block has been installed properly, the same argument works
> perfectly with the lms_dd_equalizer block. Any suggestions as to what could
> be wrong here?
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Srinagesh Sharma
> University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

This is difficult to debug since you are having a problem with your
own code and we can't look at it. But since you say that this works
when using the lmsdd_equalizer block, my suggestion is to look at what
you are doing differently in your block than how it is handled there.

Tom