Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data lost whe using big file sources

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data lost whe using big file sources
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:55:48 -0700

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 04:22, Bogdan Diaconescu <address@hidden> wrote:

> I never had time to look into this but I always speculated that the code that
> takes the data from the files does not expect the data to be available.

Can you elaborate on this?

Does the data that you are getting incorrectly, resemble any other
portion of the file, is it random garbage, flipped bits, or something
else?

Do you have the repeat option set to true or false?

Are you calling consume_each() with the proper individual values for
what was available from each of the inputs and what you processed out
of each?

FYI, I've successfully used file sources on tens of gigabyte size
input capture files with no issues.  Not saying there isn't any, but
this is a fairly widely exercised bit of code.

You might want to start printing or writing to a disk file the values
of all the parameters given to the general_work() function when it is
called, the values given to consume_each(), and the return value from
general_work(), then look for a pattern for when there is corrupted
input data.

Johnathan