[Discuss-gnuradio] Signalling between the python script and the flow gra

From: frankist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Signalling between the python script and the flow graph
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 03:49:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am using a python script that does this when I make a callback:

graph.lock()
disconnect(*old graph*)
connect(*new graph*)
graph.unlock()

time.sleep(*some seconds*)

graph.lock()
disconnect(*new graph*)
connect(*old graph*)
graph.unlock()

The *new graph* measures the average of a signal and sends it to a signal
probe so I can get its value through signal_probe.level() and store it in a
python variable.

I tried to change the time.sleep() by self.wait() and put a head() block in
the new graph. According to the doxygen documentation, self.wait() returns
if I have head blocks in the system. However, the script just stays in the
self.wait() forever.

Probably there is another way to synchronize my flowgraph with the python
script, so the script knows when it can go back to the old flowgraph. Any
suggestion?