[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 reclocking

From: naruto canada
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 reclocking
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:21:54 +0000

hi

I've found some OCXO clocks on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pletronics-26MHz-OCXO-Miniature-Oscillator-NEW-/140398082881
Maybe someone with enough knowledge can tell if this clock will work with USRP1?
(I am researching on my own too)

I've just bought the board fairly recent, so believe it is rev.4
Does the information on this page still apply:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/OpenBTSClockModifications

One more question:
If I replace the clock on USRP1, will all the software (or hardware)
(or some combination) mistake frequencies? (or some parameter)
How does the hardware know itself is powered by some frequency of
clock and not another clock?
Is there a central place to communicate this info to hardware and software?

Thanks