[Discuss-gnuradio] Record time of samples

From: Jamie Wo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Record time of samples
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:43:02 +1000

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to record the exact arrival time of a package or the end of some samples using USRP? I used the following code in GRC:

if __name__ == '__main__':
parser = OptionParser(option_class=eng_option, usage="%prog: [options]")
(options, args) = parser.parse_args()
tb = flow_graph()
tb.Run(True)
a = strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", gmtime())
print a

However, this only shows the end time when I stop the flow graph manually. Is there a way in gnuradio that can read the system time during the running of the program?

For example, the flow graph begins to run and receive  --> after 1000 samples have been received, output system time --> the program continues to run....

In addition, how to stop a grc flow graph automatically?

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie