[Discuss-gnuradio] Tweaking digital_bert_tx and digital_bert_rx

From: George Sklivanitis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Tweaking digital_bert_tx and digital_bert_rx
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 03:48:38 -0400

Hello everyone,

Lately, I have been trying to tweak the way both digital_bert_tx and digital_bert_rx are working by introducing in the transmitter side my own generated random .dat file instead of transmitting an infinite vector of ones (default) while at the receiver side I consider the transmitted data known and I am making use of the error_rate block for evaluating the Bit Error Rate.

However, the file source that I am using as a reference input in my error rate block at the receiver seems to introduce overflows after some time at the receiver as I am repeatedly giving as an input a predefined randomized sequence of bytes. Moreover, using a scope sink at the output of the error_rate block I get probability of error close to 1/2 either transmitting or not.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be the problem in the above scenario or even better has tried something similar in the past?

Thanks,
George

The experiment takes place in the latest revision of both gnuradio and UHD, Ubuntu 11.04-64bit in Intel core-i7 laptops.

--
Sklivanitis Georgios
Postgraduate Student