Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - Interface between OMAP3 and FPGA

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] E100 - Interface between OMAP3 and FPGA
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 07:33:50 -0400

On 05/01/2012 04:28 AM, Sameh Yassin wrote:
> Hello Dear ,
>
> I used the first link to use overo GPIOs on the E100 to communicate with the
> SPARTN3AN FPGA.
>
> I'm  doing the following:
> 1- I chose an empty GPIO input to the FPGA (for example overo_gpio22).
> 2- I modified the FPGA image so that debug_led1 = over_gpio220
> 3- I'll set and clear overo GPIO using the bash shell as I read in the first
> link that u recommended.
>
> The problem:
>  Although the following gpios are free on the FPGA. There are other gpios
> valid on the overo. Srictly speaking
>
> The free GPIOs on the overo
> $ address@hidden:/sys/class/gpio# ls
>
> exportgpio16 gpio168    gpiochip128  gpiochip192  gpiochip64  unexport
> gpio15gpio164  gpiochip0  gpiochip160  gpiochip32   gpiochip96

It looks like you are running an older version of uhd, which suggests an
older kernel version. The older driver claimed a few extra gpio's for
testing purposes.

I see:

address@hidden:~# ls /sys/class/gpio/
export    gpio16@   gpio173@    gpiochip128@  gpiochip32@  unexport
gpio114@  gpio164@  gpio175@    gpiochip160@  gpiochip64@
gpio15@   gpio168@  gpiochip0@  gpiochip192@  gpiochip96@

Note the extra gpio's exposed to user space. These are used by uhd for
signaling and configuring the clock generator.

Philip