[Discuss-gnuradio] How to dynamically stop the host PC receiving samples

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to dynamically stop the host PC receiving samples from USRP and restart it again without touching the top block?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 20:33:26 -0500

Hi,

In my applications, after the flow graph is initialized, I need to dynamically control the receiving of the USRP samples, i.e, at time T1, I want the USRP to transfer the received samples to PC, while in T2, I do not allow the PC to receive these samples.
Stop receiving the unusing packets from USRP can save the traffic over ethernet and decrease the demands of processing resource on host PC.

the gr_mute block seems only suppress the incoming packets to further processing, but these unusing samples can still come into the flow graph.

Also, the tb.run and tb.wait can be executed more than twice as wish, but it seems to be not so flexible. It would be good if there some commands called to control the block of uhd.usrp_source to achieve such purpose?
--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.