[Discuss-gnuradio] RF and AD/DA

From: signalswdm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RF and AD/DA
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 00:12:31 +0800 (CST)

Dear everyone:
  Recently I have been doing my graduation design, wchich is the implemention of 802.11a ofdm PHY. My tutor required me to use FPGA so I implemented baseband OFDM modulation-demodulation using Virtex5 FPGA. My tutor decided not to use USRP because the RF bandwidth is too limited.
  Now I have to do up-conversion to 5.8GHz and I decided to use XCVR2450 board. Besides some configurations of the registers of MAX2829, such as bandsellect, divider ratio and so on,  do I need to do anything else? Does AFC, AGC,eliminating dc offset and something like that need to be done in FPGA? I have been studying benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx for some time, but I don't find AFC or anyting like that.
  Any of your responses will be very appreciated.