Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I thought we had squashed this one

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I thought we had squashed this one
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 22:12:28 -0400

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> Got a core dump this evening from this evenings GIT build.  On a Fedora
>>> 12 machine (I know, horbly obsolete),
>>>  on a Centrino M CPU:
>>>
>> We did squash this bug. Why you gotta keep bringing up the past?
>>
>> What version of FFTW is on that machine? The block should be calling
>> into fftw_malloc to get aligned arrays for the taps and the in/out
>> buffers are from the fftw object, anyways, so they are aligned. So
>> there's nothing that should be producing anything unaligned unless
>> FFTW isn't working like I think it should be working.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> FFTW is: fftw-3.2.2-1.fc12.i686
>

> It's a 32-bit machine--if that makes a difference on the alignment.

Ok, I'm not entirely sure why I asked that since I don't know enough
about FFTW by it's version to make any judgement off it. And 3.2.2
isn't that old.

We'd really have to dig deeper. See what the addresses of a, b, and c
in gri_fft_filter_ccc_generic::filter actually are to see which one is
returning something unaligned.

Tom