Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis convolutional coder FSM

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis convolutional coder FSM
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:53:10 -0400

Clemens,

puncturing is not part of the FSM class.
You can implement it as a simple memoryless device:
eg, if i want to puncture every third bit, then the device
accepts 3bits as inputs and outputs the first two.

If you can give me more details on what exactly you want to
implement i may be able to help you out.

Similraly, if you let me know which part of the FSM/trellis documentation
is hard to read, hopefully i will be able to help.

regards,
Achilleas

Hi,

I'm working on a modulator using a punctured (non-recursive) convolutional
coder based on a 1/2 rate mother code with length 7.

However I find the documentation of gr-trellis pretty hard to read, I don't
really understand how punctuation should actually be implemented.

Are there any additional documents or papers on designing the FSM of a
convolutional coder?

Thanks,
Clemens