Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timeout problem using usrp_source.set_start_time(

From: Nowlan, Sean
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timeout problem using usrp_source.set_start_time()
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:36:24 +0000

I thought the “set_start_time” method simply keeps UHD from instantly streaming, and then does this “tx_sob” and “tx_time” tagging for you on the first sample. Sure, it can be done somewhere in the flowgraph using GNU Radio tags, but doesn’t this achieve the same end goal with less complexity for the user? I.e., if the user simply wants to start continuous streaming sometime in the future, “set_start_time” should do the trick.

Sean