[Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio script with RedHat Enterprise Linux 6

From: Jonathan Fox
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] build-gnuradio script with RedHat Enterprise Linux 6
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:56:05 -0400

I am trying to use the build-gnuradio script on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 machine and I can not download certain packages. Those packages being wxPython-devel, pygsl, qwtplot3d-qt4-devel, and Orc. I have enabled the optional package stream at the RHN so that is how I was able to narrow it down these four. I made an attempt to download those four rpms but it seems that they require too many prerequisites that I have to keep on downloading, execute, and discover I need more prerequisite packages for those prerequisite packages. Is there a better way to install GNU Radio on RedHat? I would use a different distro but I really need RedHat for other projects and RedHat is the only Linux OS that is allowed on my organization's network.

Thanks for your help.

-Jon Fox