[Discuss-gnuradio] Q's on gr-filter (was: Developers' Call for June, 201

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Q's on gr-filter (was: Developers' Call for June, 2012)
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:42:39 +0200

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 08:35:14AM -0400, Tom Rondeau wrote:
> Apologies for the late posting. We will be having our monthly
> developers call today (third Thursday).
>
> Call time is 4 PM (1600) EDT or 2000 UTC.

Hi,

I didn't make it to the call (10 PM is a bit of an awkward time for me),
but I have a couple of questions/comments on gr-filter:

- I like the namespace usage! Finally this is how it should be.
- The automatic doc-block export to Python does not work in gr-filter
  (yet).
- Also, (and yes, this is nitpicking), can Doxygen be changed such that
  it says '#include <filter/dc_blocker_ff.h>' instead of '#include
  <dc_blocker_ff>' in the block documentation?
- Can you please comment on making *all* blocks virtual and totally
  separating the DSP from the block definition? Is this simply taking the
  separation to a new 'extreme', or are there other reasons? Is it still
  possible to make the block non-virtual and put everything inside?
  And how on earth did you convince SWIG to understand all of this
  (that's not really a question, more an expression of how impressed I
  am).
- Will everything look like this eventually (namespaces, virtual
  blocks)? In particular, will you change gr-howto-write-a-block in the
  same fashion (that will throw spanners into gr-modtool, but I'll
  figure out a way how to handle that).
- By which logic is mmse_fir_interpolator_cc.cc not a '_impl.cc' file?

Thanks for any answers...

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)