[Discuss-gnuradio] Possible bug and performance improvement in digital_f

From: Hendrik van Wyk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Possible bug and performance improvement in digital_fll_band_edge_cc.cc
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 13:53:33 +0200

Hello all

I believe I have found a bug in digital_fll_band_edge_cc.cc: with the same input under different cpu loads I see different outputs. It seems to have something to do with how the block uses output history from the output_items parameter. Modifying it to use its own internal buffer to store output for the next iteration instead of using the output_items parameter seems to fix the problem.

Also modifying digital_fll_band_edge_cc to use SSE instructions for its dot product instead of a for loop gives a nice performance improvement.

I have attached diffs of my version of the files.

Regards
Hendrik van Wyk