[Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph stopped after few minutes

From: Pol Henarejos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph stopped after few minutes
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:54:01 +0200

Dear list,

I have a simple flowgraph with two branches, with different delays that
are joined at the end. Imagine a topblock with A,B,C,D blocks. A is
connected to B and C. B and C are connected to D. A and D are sink and
source respectively. B and C produce packets (header and payload) from
the input coming from A. D packets header and payload. The latency is
different since B and C produce different sizes. A produces one sample
per packet (it is a kind of signaling). All blocks are gr_block.

So, A produces a sample. It is delivered to B and C. Both produce header
and payload using the sample produced by A. Finally, D joins together
both inputs.

I studied the delay between both branches and, since B is faster than C,
the delay is increasing. After few minutes the flowgraph hangs and the
difference of delaying is around 8000 packets. The flowgraph is in fact
running. No stop is called but there are not any sample flowing.

I use gnuradio master branch.

Could you give me some hint for solving it?

Thank you.

--

Pol Henarejos
Research Engineer, MSc

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Engineering Unit
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)