Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 116, Issue 24

From: Kinal, George V.
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Discuss-gnuradio Digest, Vol 116, Issue 24
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:31:01 +0000

Interested in your advice:
* You need to set the wire format to sc8 (thats 2 bytes per complex
sample) to achieve 50 Msps over gigabit ethernet.

Where is this documented ?

We have an application using N210 and a sampling rate of 16.667 MHz. Some code
fragments in Python include:

1.  self._u = uhd.usrp_sink3(device_addr=options.address,
io_type=uhd.io_type.COMPLEX_FLOAT32, 1)

2.   def set_vector(self):
       { some stuff that opens an IQ file, text format, converts to complex
using  v=[ ( x[i] + 1j*x[i+1]) for I in range(0,len(x),2) ] }

3. tb.set_vector()

The observed RF output appears to be irregular, as if some samples have been
skipped or the sample file is incomplete or ?  Could we have an incorrect wire
format or some other related problem ?   There are no buffer underrun problems
except when the focus is removed from the terminal window, when we get the
stream of L's effect, now well known   :-)  .

George Kinal
Lead Engineer
MITRE E531 Signal Processing and Communications Analysis