[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP + wbx-fe-simple board + WA5VJB antenna.

From: Slobbe, Jeroen (NL - Amstelveen)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP + wbx-fe-simple board + WA5VJB antenna.
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:35:13 +0000

Dear gnuradio discussion list,

Currently I’m experimenting with the USRP with the wbx-fe-simple board rev 4, wbx-board rev 2 and the WA5VJB antenna.
The installation of uhd and gnuradio worked fine and I’m able to run the dialtone.grc example.

However when I execute:

Sudo uhd_fft –f 401M –g 26  -a TX/RX

I get the GUI with some wave on it (and no errors in the terminal).
When I disconnect the antenna from the USRP the wave does not change, also on other frequencies the same procedure does not show any deviation. The wave however changes slightly when moving to the 801.11 (WIFI) and the terminal prints a 0 to the screen.

This all gives me the feeling that the antenna is not really working. (I expected not to see a signal on 401Mhz since this frequency is for medical hardware which is not available in the room).

Did somebody experienced the same problem / has a solution for this problem?

Great tnx in advantage!

Kind Regards,
Jeroen Slobbe

This e-mail message and its attachments are subject to the disclaimer published at the following website of Deloitte:
http://www.deloitte.com/nl/disclaimer

Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee, and its network of member firms, each of which is a legally separate and independent entity. Please see deloitte.com/nl/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited and its member firms.