Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do RTL based devices need some sort of calibratio

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Do RTL based devices need some sort of calibration?
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:43:34 +0100

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts.
Indeed the RTL doesn't support arbitrary sampling rate (I was using 96KHz!).
I finally start reading the chips datasheet and the rtl-sdr source code, it's full of interesting information! ;) There's some formula for settings the sampling rate, for what i understood, if u want the real sampling rate to be what you ask for then u have to have (Fosc*10^22/rate) % 8 = 0
I couldn't find any information about minimum frequency.

So with 1.024MHz, frequencies are now in range.

Thanks again for your messages.

Chris