Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Profiling GNU Radio flow graphs

From: Felix Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Profiling GNU Radio flow graphs
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:16:26 +0200

Hi,

using oprofile is quite easy. Basically you configure your profiler, start it, start your application, kill it after some time, kill the profiler and look at the results. You don't have to set any special compiler flags. However, if you want to get annotated source, you need to compile with debug symbols. All this can be done in a simple shell script what makes it very convenient.

For more details I'd like to refer you to the oprofile manual [1] as it's good to read and not too extensive.

In my case, most CPU time is used by memmove (about 40%!). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to figure out where it gets called from.

Best regards,
Felix

[1] http://oprofile.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html