[Discuss-gnuradio] Performance problem with memmove

From: Felix Wunsch
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performance problem with memmove
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:03:10 +0200

Hi all,

while I was profiling and optimizing my DRM transmitter flow graph, I noticed that __memmove_sse3_back.S is the dominating part in my program, although I do not explicitly call memmove() once in my own code. I am using a vector based approach which leads to quite large buffers (and lots of gr-buffer warnings).

Does memmove get called in the buffer context and is it possible that this in combination with large buffers leads to a high CPU load?

Best regards,
Felix Wunsch