Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot change transmit power

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot change transmit power
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 02:37:42 -0400

> Although i have defined set_tx_amplitude and at run time i do provide the
> user option --tx-amplitude value is set to 0.25 but it still transmits at
> 16dBm (max power of a USRP N200) when you would expect it to be around a
> quarter of that power.
> Any suggestions in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

The code looked correct as far as set_k on the multiplier. I think a
good control test would be to transmit zeros and compare that to
multiply with set_k(0).

You might take a look at the uhd_siggen_gui and try some test waveforms
with slide the amplitudes around and see what your measurement equipment
is showing.

-josh