Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu radio connect api doubt

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnu radio connect api doubt
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 00:13:46 -0400

On 09/15/2012 09:50 PM, usrp n210 wrote:
> Gnu radio has connect api to connect the flow graph,so it
> connect uni-direction/bi-directionly ? if it is unidirectional then can we
> change it to bidirection ?

connections are unidirectional flows of data.

You could however create two connections in opposing directions. Now a
traditional gnuradio block will see this a circular loop and you cant do
this.

But, I suspect you are doing something with passing messages between
blocks. You may want to check out gr extras. This will allow two blocks
to bidirectionally communicate:
https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki#wiki-feature-message-passing

-josh