Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP interface advantage

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TUN/TAP interface advantage
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 23:37:16 -0500

Cool.
How can I get this information at that time?

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/15/2012 11:45 PM, usrp n210 wrote:
> Is there any advantage to use TUN/TAP interface ?

Tun/tap is a convenient way to get access to the network stack from
userspace. Unfortunately the benchmark* apps abuse tun/tap as a mac
layer, which is precisely the wrong thing to do.

For example:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol#TCP_over_wireless_networks

(if you wait a few days, there will be some sweet work released with MAC
layer + message passing in GRC. Stay tuned...)

-josh