Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ofdm block

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ofdm block
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:55:11 -0400

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:28 AM, Viktor Ivan Rodriguez Abdala
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following output with dir(Umbrella), and I can't see anything
> called dftsofdm
>
> ['SwigPyIterator', 'SwigPyIterator_swigregister',
> 'Umbrella_bin2dec_ff_sptr', 'Umbrella_bin2dec_ff_sptr_swigregister',
> 'Umbrella_dec2bin_ff_sptr', 'Umbrella_dec2bin_ff_sptr_swigregister',
> 'Umbrella_decodconv_vff_sptr', 'Umbrella_decodconv_vff_sptr_swigregister',
> 'Umbrella_encodconv_vff_sptr', 'Umbrella_encodconv_vff_sptr_swigregister',
> 'Umbrella_swig', '_RTLD_GLOBAL', '__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__',
> '__name__', '__package__', '__path__', '_dlopenflags', 'bin2dec_ff',
> 'dec2bin_ff', 'decodconv_vff', 'encodconv_vff', 'sys']
>
> How can I install my component correctly into Umbrella?
>
> Ivan

Did you remember to edit the SWIG .i file? It's likely that there is
some small mistake in your build system that's not installing
everything properly.

You should look into using gr-modtool: https://github.com/mbant/gr-modtool

It helps you automatically create GNU Radio components and blocks,
including handling the CMakeLists.txt and .i files properly.

Tom