Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 complex receive channels on usrp n210

From: Anisha Gorur
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 2 complex receive channels on usrp n210
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:16:51 -0400

I am getting complex data around my center frequency, but only on one channel, RXA shows the data, while RXB is just zeros. In my code, I have just added a few lines from rx_samples_to_file.cpp to rx_multi_samples.cpp to make rx_multi_samples write out to a file. This is with the subdevice specs A:A and A:B, should I change those?

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 09/19/2012 04:54 PM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
> I tried this out, and I am getting two real signals, while I want two
> complex signals. From dboards.rst:
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Basic RX and LFRX
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> The Basic RX and LFRX boards have 4 frontends:
>
> * **Frontend A:** real signal on antenna RXA
> * **Frontend B:** real signal on antenna RXB
> * **Frontend AB:** quadrature frontend using both antennas (IQ)
> * **Frontend BA:** quadrature frontend using both antennas (QI)
>
> So choosing A and B as the subdevice specs would give me two real signals,
> correct?

In this case, the DDC chains will zero out Q, and connect A or B to I.
So you will get complex data centered at whatever you tune center
frequency to.

-josh