[Discuss-gnuradio] Does USRP ADC have internal noise (out-of-band) dithe

From: LD Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Does USRP ADC have internal noise (out-of-band) dither?
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 22:14:56 -0700

Dear Group,

I need to clarify a very basic feature of the USRP ADC. The question is: Does the ADC have internal noise dither when sampling? I looked at the TI ADS62P45 data sheet but did not find explicit mention of the noise dither. On the other hand, if you read those app notes from Analog Device Walt Kester, the noise dither is such a prominent feature that it is almost essential to have it in the A-to-D process. From the spectrum I gathered so far, I cannot tell. I would think TI should be good on this basic point. Could someone clarify?

Many Thanks,

LD Zhang